- Believe Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave? (1 Corinthians 15:3,4) Jesus "rose" physically from the grave (after three days).
- Admit you are a sinner? (Romans 3:23) Do you do things that God does not like?
- Agree to turn from sin to God? (Acts 20:21) Are you willing to turn away from things that God does not like, as best you know how, right now?
- Acknowledge Jesus is Lord? (Romans 10:9) Are you willing to turn your life over to God and let Him run it?
- Accept God's free gift of salvation? (Ephesians 2:8,9) It's a free gift - no strings attached. You cannot earn it.
Will you say this simple prayer aloud?
Lord Jesus, I receive you as my Lord and personal Savior. Amen.
If you honestly and sincerely said yes to those five questions and meant it in your heart (Romans 10:9) then you have the assurance of eternal life. (1 John 5:11-13)
Some Important Things for You to Do:
- Read your Bible to discover God's message for you. (2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- Talk to God in prayer, often, about yourself and others. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- Develop a lifestyle consistent with Bible principles. (1 John 2:6)
- Tell others about Christ in your own way. (Acts 1:8)
- Take the initiative to faithfully attend a Bible teaching church for worship, fellowship, growth and service. (Hebrews 10:24-25)